Master Electrician Solar PV (Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
EnSegs Inc. is seeking an experienced Master Electrician ideally with experience installing Solar Photo-Voltaic (PV) systems, but we will train the right candidate. The successful applicant will play a key role in the on-site management, installation and coordination of electrical work on new and retrofit installations.
- Pull electrical permits
- Read electrical plans, drawings and specifications and provide input during the tendering process
- Attend site visits as required and provide estimates on various upgrade and development projects
- Ensure installations meet or exceed code requirements
- Prepare materials and perform required electrical assembly
- Check, install, maintain, repair and adjust existing electrical system for solar PV integration
- Manage the installation of modules and all wiring
- Install inverters, breakers, meters and other electrical monitoring equipment
- Assess problems and make changes to existing electrical systems in order to improve performance
- Verify operating conditions for various devices; conduct electrical tests ensuring all is completed according to code
- Work within the team and help them carry out their duties as required
- Attend training sessions and stay abreast of developments in the solar industry, i.e. new products, installation methodology, and safety.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master Electrician Certification
- 1 to 3 years of experience in commercial or industrial vocation as an electrician
- In-depth knowledge of the National Electrical Code of Canada; ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of Solar PV systems
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working on construction sites
- Superior commitment to customer service, teamwork, and professional conduct
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Organized, independent, responsible, conscientious, and a team player.
- Must be able to work on roofs and ladders
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
Shape the future with EnSegs, email your resume and cover letter to Careers@EnSegs.com.