2) Will it work Here?
- Is my site free from shading?
- Is Snow an issue?
- Will Hail damage solar modules?
- Is the slope or angle of the roof important?
- Do I need a south facing roof?
- Will the PV mounting system damage my roof?
Will hail damage solar modules?
It is extremely rare for a solar module to be damaged from hail. Solar modules are designed and tested to withstand the impact from a one inch diameter hail stone. Modules are also usually installed at an angle so the impact is reduced.
Below is an example of lab hail testing Conergy does on its solar modules.
For questions or comments on the “Will hail damage solar modules? ” section please send us an email to CustomerService@ensegs.com