- The Energy Segment Owner
- Why Would I Want To Purchase Energy Segments?
- How Do I Get Paid?
- How Do I Purchase Energy Segments?
- Can I Purchase A Single Panel?
- What Projects Are Available?
- Transferring Ownership
- Database Of Electrical Devices
Database Of Electrical Devices
- In the table below you will find a few common household electrical devices. This table provides information on the yearly power consumption and the number of segments required to offset the use of these devices. Two of the largest energy consumers are displayed in red below.
- More specific items can be found on the Natural Resources Canada website. NRC provides a searchable product list that is an excellent database of electrical devices .
- Will you take the EnSegs challenge and purchase enough energy segments to power your computer?
- Find your computer here.
|Segment Cost ($):|
|32″ LCD TV||Westinghouse||43||11.9||28||$119|
|Digital Cable Box||Shaw||132||36.6||85.9||$366|
1Yearly consumption is calculated by estimating a typical families average (supplied by energystar.gov).
2The Energy Segments required is based on operating the device for 25 years.
3The CO2 offset is calculated using the value in the first year. Modules have a degradation rate of approximately.05% each year.
The information provided in the table above is based on the following details from the Example Project.
|One energy segment produces:||~3.61 kWh of power each year|
|Amount of CO2 offset from one energy segment:||~2.35 kg each year|
|Project length:||~25 years|
For questions or comments on the “The Energy Segment Owner” section please send us an email to CustomerService@ensegs.com