- What Are Energy Segments?
- Economics 101
- I Care About The Environment!
- How Do Energy Segments Generate Revenue?
- The Project Sponsor Scenario
- The Segment Owner Scenario
- Example Project
EnSegs provides data on the production value of past and future projects. Estimated values are just that, estimates. The estimated values provided are based on the type of technology being used in a particular project, e.g. solar, wind, hydro, or other. Note that the location, size, and numerous other factors can and do impact the estimated values provided.
|Project Type:||Solar PV||Project Value:||$16,000|
|Project Number:||PV00001||Cost per watt:||$3.08|
|Project Term:||25 years||Project Status:||Operational|
|System Size:||5.2 kW||Street:||9220-60 Street|
|Number of modules:||20||City:||Edmonton|
|Wattage of modules:||260W||Province:||Alberta|
Energy Segment Details:
|Value of each energy segment:||$10|
|Total Number of energy segments in project:||1600|
|Segments owned by the project sponsor (51%):||816|
|Number of segments owned by EnSegs employee/owners:||70|
|Number of segments available for purchase:||714|
Estimated Project Potential in first Year:
|PV potential:||1245 kW h/kW|
|CO2 offset:||3,750 kg|
|Distribution fees saved:||$65|
|Credit from Production:||$460|
Estimated Yearly Potential for a Single Energy Segment:
|kWh generated per energy segment:||3.61 kWh|
|CO2 offset per energy segment:||2.35 kg|
|Credit from Production:||$0.29|
- Inflation rate: ~2%
- Cost of Electricity: $0.08/kWh
- System annual operations and maintenance costs are estimated to be $10/kW
- Management fee is $0.0035/kWh
- Insurance costs have not been added
- No carbon taxes or feed-in-tariffs have been calculated
- Time value calculations are not used
- System losses are estimated at 0.085%
- Module degradation rate has been calculated at 2.5% in the first year and .5% in subsequent years
- Payback period based on the above assumptions is approximately 25 years.
For questions or comments on the “What are Energy Segments?” section please send us an email to CustomerService@ensegs.com