- The Project Sponsor
- Why Would I Want To Be A Project Sponsor?
- What Criteria Does EnSegs Consider When Selecting Space?
- What’s the Process?
The Project Sponsor
EnSegs provides the project sponsor with a unique option of owning less than 100% of the project. This option has several advantages: it reduces the total cost of ownership, maximizes the size of the system, creates more power production at a reduced cost (reduced cost per watt installed) and allows the community to invest in renewable energy.
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory conducted a study that found
only 22 to 27% of residential rooftop area was suitable for
installing a solar PV system (2008).
Do you own the property you live in?
- If yes, is the property ideal for a solar installation?
- Do you have a south facing roof?
- Do trees shade your roof?
Can you afford a solar PV system that may cost tens of thousands of dollars?
- If yes, are you interested in sharing some space if it will reduce your costs?
- Do you want to maximise the number of modules in an installation?
If you are one of those who can afford your own solar PV system and have an ideal site for solar you would make a great project sponsor. By becoming a project sponsor you become an environmental ambassador that encourages others to learn about solar PV, sustainability, and the environmental. You can influence friends and neighbours and have them take positive steps in the right direction.
For questions or comments on the “The Project Sponsor” section please send us an email to CustomerService@ensegs.com