- The Project Sponsor
- Why Would I Want To Be A Project Sponsor?
- What Criteria Does EnSegs Consider When Selecting Space?
- What’s the Process?
Why would I want to be a Project Sponsor?
Top 10 Reasons:
- The cost per watt of installed capacity is less than what it would have been.
- Fixed costs are distributed over a larger system; thus, the cost per watt for a larger system will be less than the cost per watt for a smaller system.
- Larger Albert Government incentive.
- You live in a location that is suitable for a solar installation.
- You can afford a smaller array, but prefer to own a solar array that produce all the electrical energy you use.
- You are looking for a clean, silent, and reliable way to generate your own electricity.
- You want to spread your renewable energy investments over several years. You can use the money that you saved by investing in other community solar projects.
- You want to clearly understand where and when you are using power. Metering software is installed on project arrays to monitor electrical consumption and production.
- Your electricity will cost less. Distribution or consumption fees that are normally 4.5 cents/kWh are calculated and split between the project sponsor (60%) and the segment owner (40%).
- After the term of project you become the sole owner of the project and all the power generated is yours.
- You want to do your part to reduce climate change and provide an opportunity for others to do the same.
- You want to increase the value of your property.
Additional reasons for your business:
- The presence of a solar array on your rooftop will support your commitment to the environment. Note: the array may not be visible on flat roofs.
- Powering your building with solar energy may attract customers! All else being equal customers are more likely to purchase products and service from companies that are Green!
- This may assist with Employee retention. Studies have shown that employees want to work for companies that are environmentally conscience.
- You can provide energy segments to your employees and customers as an additional reward.
- Your electricity charges will be reduced. The solar array will be producing power when the building is likely consuming most of this energy; thus, you will see reduced delivery charges.
- You will have a hedge against the risk and uncertainty of future electricity costs (Learn more…).
For questions or comments on the “The Project Sponsor” section please send us an email to CustomerService@ensegs.com